Are you an experienced accounting professional looking to grow your career?
Do you have excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills?
We are a marketing consultancy for the property industry who treat our client’s business like it’s our own. Our Finance team oversees the financial compliance of the agency while keeping the business operational with a focus on managing transactions for clients and suppliers.
Our Agency team consists of a diverse group of marketers tasked with driving growth and retention of our clients and Metropolis’ business. Our Client Service team represent the day-to-day strategic business partners and advisors to our clients. They serve as the catalyst for innovative and effective work across Media, Creative & Digital and our Finance team work closely in conjunction with them to ensure seamless processing of regular transactions and reporting.
As Accountant, you’ll play a key role on all finance matters. Reporting into the Finance Director, your role is about ensuring the accuracy of Metropolis company’s management and financial accounting.
On any given day, you might be required to:
- Take ownership of the monthly invoicing process, meeting with the Client Service team to review and revise JCRs;
- Work with the wider Agency team to help ensure the accuracy of quotes and the profitability of projects;
- Ensure that Media invoices and other Accounts Payable transactions are processed efficiently and correctly, with assistance from other Finance team members;
- Work with the FD on agency financial reporting;
- Manage the processing of payroll including payment of salaries, superannuation and payroll tax;
- Provide guidance to other Finance team members, to support their development and career growth.
- Help ensure that the company complies with all its statutory responsibilities, by preparing IAS, BAS and other returns as appropriate.
Our ideal person:
- Has at least 4 years commercial accounting experience;
- Has a recognised accounting qualification or is working towards one;
- Has significant exposure to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger in an Advertising or Media agency;
- Is highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and prioritise workload between regular repeat tasks and important projects;
- Is comfortable working in fast-paced environment and shows strong attention to detail;
- Is confident running meetings or presenting in a group setting;
- Has a positive outlook!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career in an agency that offers the opportunity for growth and personal development.
Please email us at [email protected] or apply below to express your interest.
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.